- Microsoft (2000, Vista, XP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Computer aided design (Pro Engineer Wildfire 3.0, ProMechanica, SolidWorks, AutoCad, Adobe Illustrator)
- Project management (Asana, Slack)
Experienced and accomplished policy and tech professional with over ten years of experience looking to leverage a diverse and extensive background in programming, departmental organization and mass communication into an Analyst position in government.
California Maritime Academy
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering (cum laude)
Third Assistant Engineer Coast Guard License
Certified Engineer-in-Training by Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
Preservation and Protection Associate
Silicon Valley at Home
- Developed webinars and newsletters educating landlords and tenants about state eviction laws and rent relief resources.
- Participated in convenings and on work groups with non-profit and government partners that seek to address protection, preservation, and anti‐displacement challenges and policy/program solutions.
- Wrote and presented recommendations to policymakers and city/county staff regarding protection and preservation-related policies, regulations, ordinances, codes, and legislation that impact vulnerable tenants, low-income families, and people at risk of becoming homeless, who are disproportionately people of color.
- Wrote content for the [email protected] blog, website, and social media posts that update the community about protection and preservation topics and issues.
- Collaborated with the Communications Team to develop messaging that uplifts the voices of those who are most impacted by displacement, homelessness, and tenant abuses across Santa Clara County.
- Provided ideas, content, and assistance in organizing [email protected]’s educational events.
Rental Housing Committee Member / Chair
City of Mountain View
- Developed citywide rent stabilization procedures and policies that comply with local, state, and federal laws
- Responded to inquiries from the public regarding Mountain View's rent stabilization law, rules, regulations and policies
- Established an annual budget ranging from $1.5 million to $2.5 million funded through landlord fees set by the committee
- Created and updated petitions and processes as needs arise
- Conducted studies, surveys, investigations and hearings to analyze information and data to ensure compliance with City laws
- Advise members of the public on the use of City and external programs for tenant and landlord needs
- Managed and selected contracts with vendors for hearing officers and legal counsel
Hughes & Company
- Led research projects and presented information on local candidates across the Bay Area and Federal candidates across the nation
- Delivered administrative and strategic support, including producing small and large mailings; managing and updating websites; analyzing data; writing and editing articles, documents, advertisements, or remarks; planning and staffing events; among other tasks for elected officials, labor unions, and advocacy groups
- Responsible for general administration, including tracking payables, receivables and accounting via Google Spreadsheets; point-of-contact for vendors; managing accounts and more to ensure compliance with various state and federal regulations.
- Provided project management, public event coordination and technical support and training
Creative Collisions Event Coordinator
The Tech Museum of Innovation
- Drive tech issue events and tech community engagement to support The Tech’s relevance to the community and Silicon Valley as a valuable and exciting resource for innovation, ideas and networking.
- Research, propose, plan, estimate and develop solutions for new website needs; project management
- Track metrics for organization website and report out insights
- Update and maintain the Content Management System (CMS).
- Maintain user access and oversee the security of websites.
- Assist in training users and provide technical support related to content, website design, maintenance and data management.
- Coordinate across multiple teams to ensure communication, collaboration, alignment of goals and objectives, and the effective use of resources for diverse set of events.
- Manage and develop the strategy and execution for online marketing channels, including video, blogs, forums, and article submissions.
- Provide answers to staff across multiple department by identifying problems, researching answers and guiding staff through corrective steps
- Cultivate and maintain strong, positive relationships with partners, vendors and The Tech staff across departments.
Web Developer / UX Researcher
Code for San Jose
- Assisted residents in finding their neighborhood association by creating a scalable neighborhood association map with ArcGIS Online from pdfs provided by a local city and interviews with neighborhood leaders.
- Designed and generated a fully-interactive HTML prototype for a Renter’s Rights Guide with a team which were used for presentations, mock-ups, as well as user-testing studies.
- Organized, tailored, and moderated local and virtual user testing sessions based on personas and use cases.
Ramirez for Council 2016
- Design, develop and maintain campaign website using Github Pages, Jekyll and Zurb’s Foundation framework.
- Integrate and implement solutions for integrating 3rd party applications, web services and databases with campaign website
- Oversee the development of all media production, distribution and broadcast (website, social media, door-to-door flyering and direct mail)
- Define roles and negotiate contracts with all vendors, consultants, volunteers, and staff
- Manage all aspects of fiduciary oversight, legal administration and adherence to campaign finance reporting requirements.